Gastric bypass in Egypt Gastric bypass is one of the most popular operations recently due to its results in getting rid of body fat and excess weight with its treatment of type 2 diabetes, where studies and practical experiments have proven the ability of gastric bypass to treat type 2 diabetes with a percentage exceeding 96%. % That is, it completely eliminated the problem of sugar in obese patients, in addition to its ability to get rid of obesity significantly in just a few months.
Through this article we will discuss more about Gastric bypass in Egypt, roux en y gastric bypass, Who is the best candidate for Gastric bypass? and after gastric bypass surgery exercise.
Gastric bypass in Egypt
Gastric bypass in Egypt is one of the latest operations used to get rid of excessive weight and obesity in a large way, and also helps the patient get rid of chronic diseases that result from obesity, such as diabetes, heart and pressure diseases.
The operation depends on connecting the dome of the stomach to the intestine directly after shortening a large part of it, about 2 meters from the intestine, which works to reduce the body’s absorption of nutrients and fats. Egypt is the best destination for obesity patients who want to undergo a high-level obesity operation at an affordable price.
(Roux-en-Y) gastric bypass
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, also called (roo-en-wy) gastric bypass, is a type of weight-loss surgery that involves creating a small pouch from the stomach and connecting the newly created pouch directly to the small intestine.
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) is a type of weight loss surgery that involves creating a small pouch at the top of the stomach and attaching it directly to the small intestine. This procedure is designed to restrict the amount of food that can be consumed and limit the absorption of nutrients, leading to weight loss.
- The procedure is typically performed laparoscopically, meaning that it is done through small incisions in the abdomen using specialized instruments. The surgery usually takes several hours to complete and may require a hospital stay of several days.
- RYGB is generally reserved for people who are severely obese (with a body mass index (BMI) greater than 40) or who have a BMI of 35 or higher and are experiencing health problems related to their weight. It is typically considered a last resort after other weight loss methods, such as diet and exercise, have been tried without success.
- Like all surgeries, RYGB carries risks, including infection, bleeding, and the potential for complications related to anesthesia. It is important to carefully weigh the risks and benefits of the procedure and discuss it with a healthcare provider before making a decision.
Who is the best candidate for Gastric bypass?
- Those who have a body mass index of 35 kg or higher and are accompanied by organic or chronic diseases such as heart disease and blood pressure.
- Have a body mass index of 40 kg or higher.
- Cases of body mass index (weight / (height) 2) more than 30 with failed experiments in losing weight by traditional methods, such as following different weight loss systems, whether exercising or changing wrong eating habits that include avoiding fatty foods, soft drinks and fried foods. Or take some weight-loss medications in the hope of achieving the required weight loss.
- Patients with type 2 diabetes.
Advantages of the Gastric bypass in Egypt
Gastric bypass is the perfect choice for an obese patient who suffers from type 2 diabetes, because through gastric bypass surgery:
- Diversion of the gastric bypass and the food absorption pathway reduces the absorption of sugars in particular, which makes type 2 diabetics able to get rid of drugs that help lower the rate of sugar.
- Reducing the size of the stomach and reducing the amount of sugars that can be eaten, thus maintaining a normal blood sugar level.
- Getting rid of obesity through gastric bypass surgery helps the pancreas to do its job better and avoid high blood sugar.
- Through gastric bypass surgery, 95% of type 2 diabetics are cured.
- Obesity and body fat accumulation increase insulin resistance in the body, which makes the blood sugar rate high, and by getting rid of obesity and accumulated body fat, you can also get rid of insulin resistance and maintain a normal sugar rate.
After gastric bypass surgery exercise
- Follow the special diet for bariatric surgeries, which is divided into four stages.
- Ensure that you drink a sufficient amount of water and practice walking for at least half an hour as a daily exercise habit that will help you lose weight and ensure the success of the surgery.
- Doing laboratory tests and blood tests in the first months after gastric bypass surgery.
- Taking vitamins or nutritional supplements for a period of not less than two years after bariatric surgery to ensure the maintenance of general health.
- Commitment to periodic follow-up appointments with the doctor to ensure the maintenance of general health and ensure a healthy weight loss.
it can be said that the best obesity treatment doctor in Egypt is Dr. Yasser Al-Basatiny with confidence, as he performs the gastric bypass operation using many of the safest techniques. It was also known how the gastric bypass operation is performed in Egypt and the most important factors affecting the total cost as well. Gastric bypass is one of the successful procedures that can change the general appearance of the breast and work to restore its vitality and activity forever, especially in light of the advantages offered by modern technologies, and its ability to reshape the body and treat the problems it faces with ease.