laparoscopic mini-gastric bypass Egypt is one of the most successful and widespread obesity surgeries, such as sleeve gastrectomy. It is one of the effective means to get rid of obesity and diabetes together.
By reducing the size of the stomach, the patient is satisfied with the minimum amount of food he eats. And by bypassing part of the intestine, the absorption of many nutrients and sugars is reduced, which contributes significantly to weight loss.
So, we will discuss all reasons that cause an increasing number of obesity Egypt and what is laparoscopic mini-gastric bypass Egypt?
laparoscopic mini-gastric bypass Egypt
The laparoscopic mini-gastric bypass Egypt has proven its efficiency over the past years, and its results are equivalent to the traditional (classical) gastric bypass, with a significant reduction in the incidence of complications.
This operation is designed to avoid complications of the classic gastric bypass.
In it, a pocket is created in the stomach (with the rest of the stomach parts not removed), then this pocket is connected to the small intestine after the first part of it exceeds about a meter and a half.
Mini-Gastric Bypass Explained
- laparoscopic mini-gastric bypass Egypt is done by restricting food intake and reducing food absorption, and food intake is restricted With a small bag similar in size to an adjustable gastric band, the absorption of food into the system is additionally reduced digestive system by excluding most of the stomach, duodenum, and upper intestine from contact with food by directing the food directly From the cyst to the small intestine.
- Gastric bypass, usually performed laparoscopically, involves making five to six small incisions in the abdomen.
- Through which a small telescope is inserted connected to a video camera and surgical tools, and the surgeon staples the upper part of the stomach.
- So that it is separated from the bottom to create a small stomach pouch, this small pouch restricts food intake to which a portion is then connected Of the small intestine called the small stomach pouch to allow food to bypass the lower part of the stomach, and the duodenum reduces this bypass The amount of calories and nutrients absorbed by the body.
How does Mini-gastric bypass work
- The small intestine is in the stomach pocket with modern staplers, the same ones used in Europe and the United States of America.
- After the gastric bypass operation, the feeling of fullness occurs after eating a small amount of food, and thus the process reduces the amount of food eaten and leads to a feeling of fullness and satiety. In addition, the speed of food reaching the intestine leads to a decrease in the absorption of some calories with an increase in the secretion of some hormones that Help to lose weight.
- After the operation, the amount of food decreases significantly without suffering from hunger, just as bypassing part of the intestine leads to the body absorbing fewer calories, which doubles the effectiveness of the operation in reducing weight.
- The operation takes 50 to 60 minutes.
- The operation is performed laparoscopically (we use the latest high-resolution telescope in Egypt) through 4 or 5 small holes (the size of the opening is from half to 1 cm) under a total anesthesia.
- After the operation, the patient feels full after a small amount of food, and he cannot eat more than that, which reduces the amount of calories that the patient takes daily.
- Food absorption decreases by 25%, which helps the patient to reach the ideal weight and the patient to maintain the ideal weight after that.
- The hunger-stimulating hormone (ghrelin) decreases after the operation, giving a sense of satiety even though the amount of food is small.
Mini-gastric bypass how much weight loss
- In the first month after the operation, you will lose 10 to 15 kg, then about 5 kg each month. The person loses most of the excess weight during the first six months.
- Most patients lose approximately 60 to 80% of their excess weight in the first year, but many patients lose from 85 to 100% of their excess weight if they follow the prepared regimen, practice regular exercise, and follow up in the obesity clinic.
Mini-gastric bypass after care
- eat and drink slowly to avoid dumping syndrome, which occurs when foods and liquids enter your small intestine quickly and in larger amounts than usual; What causes nausea, vomiting, dizziness, perspiration, and diarrhea.
- Eat protein-rich foods daily.
- Complete rest after the operation.
- Don’t forget to drink water throughout the day.
- Make sure to eat simple meals.
- Choose foods and drinks that are low in fat and sugar. Avoid consuming alcohol.
- More protein-rich foods.
- Eat your food and drink slowly.
Mini-Gastric Bypass Cost
- The cost of bariatric surgeries is high due to the high demand for them, their guaranteed results, and the lack of side effects of the operation.
- Also, the mini gastric bypass surgery cost operation is one of the operations that requires great experience on the part of the doctor, and no bariatric surgeon can perform it unless he has performed it several times.
- Before, the cost of the bypass operation varies based on several factors such as how the operation is performed, will it be performed using an endoscope or through a surgical incision, also the experience, skill and reputation of the doctor is the main factor in determining the price of the operation, the level of the center and its equipment, the experience of the staff and Availability of an anesthesiologist. All these factors play a major role in determining the cost of the rerouting process.
it can be said that the best obesity treatment doctor in Egypt is Dr. Yasser Al-Basatiny with confidence, as he performs the laparoscopic mini-gastric bypass operation using many of the safest techniques. It was also known how laparoscopic mini-gastric bypass operation is performed in Egypt and the most important factors affecting the total cost as well.
laparoscopic mini-gastric bypass is one of the successful procedures that can change the general appearance of the breast and work to restore its vitality and activity forever, especially in light of the advantages offered by modern technologies, and its ability to reshape the body and treat the problems it faces with ease.